Monday, January 28, 2013

His inbox was flooded with emails!!

Thank you to everyone who took time to write to Kyle for his one year mark.  I loved that he wrote to me saying that his inbox was flooded with emails!  I'm so happy that he's loving his area.  The last few months have been a little rough and I sense he's feeling excited about the work again!


These pictures are from the activity that he talked about in last weeks email:





well half the mission is over. my  inbox got flooded with emails so people that didnt get a response just wait until next week. It was pretty cool like thinking about everything that has gone on and everything that ive been through in one year. I found my notebook from the MTC and realized that a year ago I spoke nothing in portuguese and now Im the one that answers the phone and talks to everybody. The Brazilians in my ward have adopted me as a Brazilian. They say I have more Brazilian tendencies than the other Americans, I dont know what that means or if its a good thing but they have accepted me which is pretty cool.

This week was pretty good. We went to church thinking that we wouldnt have any investigators there and 3 people were like hey we brought our friend talk to him. it good cuz we need to baptize more people to split our ward in March. and we got a bunch of less actives to go to church, a few of which are in the status of returning. the members are starting to see our work. the knocking doors excitement has worn off.
I dont want to knock any more doors. its sucks. the worst part is Brazilians dont like to say no, they just make up excuses and say that we can go back and talk to them but really they dont want to. fazer o que?

my ward is awesome. I love the members here, they are so cool and funny. The ward is really like a giant family. they all know the story of the other and like they all hang out together. I like being here. I feel like they like me. Its also a lot better now that I speak everything in portuguese and can joke with them when they joke with me. Ive finally figured out their sense of humor.

welp im out of time but I love all yall, only one more year! its funny how you count up to one year and after you count down. My countdown hasnt started yet. but I finally got another memory card so i will start sending pictures again. Ruv you byeeeeeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment