Monday, January 21, 2013

Brazilians need to get married!



A common theme I've heard for the past year in Kyle's emails is that there are lots of people ready to be baptized...but it is expensive and a difficult process in Brazil.  So most people just end up living together.  They can't be baptized until they get married.  He runs into this problem over and over again.  I know it's frustrating for him!

So we are still knocking doors. Its actually kind of fun. We found this super cool lady who keeps giving me food. She says Im too skinny and that I need to eat more fruit. So she gave me guava, açaí, apples, and various other fruits. She loves me. She says when I go home shes gonna send me all these things that I cant buy in the US. too bad shes not married. Basically its way easier here to just live together and call yourselves married than to actually get married. So we have like
5 families that need to get married to be baptized. And marriages here take like 20 days to process everything so its just a mess. Its unfortunate but what can you do.

Thats all I have for you guys this week. I love you all and hope everythings going well. Tell Rora that if she dies before I get back I wont talk to her ever again. And there wont be room in my spiritual mansion for her. byeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment