Monday, September 24, 2012

2 weeks without an email!

Because of some computer glitches I hadn't gotten an email from Kyle for 2 weeks!  I was so happy to hear from him!  So happy for modern day conveniences!!

So cool thing that happened. So when I picked up my new comp, hes the
> man btw, at the bus station there was like 8 sister missionaries there
> so I started talking to the American ones about the mission and stuff.
> And the week before the mission got turned upside down when the
> President opened a zone of just sisters. So im talking to these 2
> sisters and one was like I was praying really hard for a challenge cuz
> its my last transfer and ive already done everything a sister can do
> and I want to go out with a bang. And she got called to be a Zone
> Leader! the zone of sisters has 2 sister zone leaders and a district
> leader. Ive never heard of this happening but its awesome. I hate
> sister missionaries so much cuz we cant do anything with them and
> almost all of them in my mission are total slackers and do nothing and
> theres nothing we can do about it. We cant go on divisions or anything
> to help them so theyre like invincible. But now they have leaders,
> kind of strange but its the thing our president likes to do. The area
> here is really hard to find new people, but we have awesome members
> and a lot of less actives. So now we spend our time reactivating
> people and knocking on the doors of rich people. The president wants
> us to talk to more rich people. The problem here is its super easy to
> baptize poor people that are looking for help from the church but they
> have no way to stay active cuz the chapels are so far away and nobody
> has cars. So now we are knocking on the doors of the wealthy to try
> and help the church really grow. its way harder, the rich people dont
> like to be bothered, and we have to wear our suits in the sun when we
> knock doors in rich places, yeah it really blows and its really hot.
> Oh yeah so Eliana the lady that I baptized in Imperatriz sent me a
> care package a week ago and it was full of like food things like that
> but the cool part was I had destroyed my belt and I was gonna have to
> buy a new one and Brazilian belts are either really cheap and terrible
> or really nice and expensive and she sent me 2 super nice belts. I
> have no idea how she knew I needed a belt but she sent me 2 so Im
> pretty much set for my mission and im pretty sure she recieved
> revelation from god. Oh and all the banks schools and post offices are
> on strike so I wont be getting money or letters for a little bit.
> gotta love Brasil k love you guys thats all I have byeeeeeeeeeeee
>

No comments:

Post a Comment