Wednesday, May 16, 2012

We did get to Skype!

We got to Skype with Kyle for almost 3 hours for Mother's Day.  It was amazing!  He looked so good!  We met his Stake President and his wife and daughter and his Bishop.  He was able to Skype us at his church building.  I love modern day technology!  Kyle got a chance to talk to everyone except Nathan because he had baseball events all day....kind of a bummer!  What a blessing to have a missionary serving from our family.  I feel the blessings of this everyday and I love him so much!


Talking to the family was awesome. it was good to see everybody except
nathan. tell him im upset about it too but that we can skype on
christmas. so now the biggest thing that bothers me is just azevedos
inability to work now. yesterday after lunch he was like hey lets go
to a members house and i asked why and he wouldnt tell me and it turns
out he only wanted to skype more. so i've figured out that hes
homesick. Hes having dreams about home and I think he would go home
now if he could. Which stinks cuz I have another 4 weeks with him. And
last friday saturday and sunday we taught a combined 1 lesson. Which
in Brasil doesnt happen unless you are doing nothing. And I dont have
the Portuguese to just take off on my own so its like I rely on him
and he really doesnt do anything. I talked to our Bishop about it and
hes pretty upset too so I think hes gonna call the President which
would be better than me getting mad at him. But earlier this week
Azevedo left and was traveling to Teresina for a training thing so I
stayed in Imperatriz with another American Elder that only had one
week out of the MTC. And it was so cool seeing the difference in
everything. Like he couldnt understand anything and speaking was
really hard for him and it made me think like I only have a month on
him and already I was teaching full lessons with him and joking with
the people we had lunch with. There was still alot of things I didnt
understand but I was picking up on a large portion of it which is
awesome. And then Azevedo came back and we fought some more and then I
went back into depression. So at least I know now that once he leaves
im gonna be fine. Luckily hes more than likely gonna be transfered so
ill get a new comp in 4 weeks. I really like my area. We have alot of
things that other areas dont have but Azevedo doesnt use any of them.
Like members want to teach with us but he doesnt want them to. I think
its because when we have members with us we actually have to work. Its
frustrating it really is. Luckily the people in my ward are
intelligent and they know its not really my fault so they are all mad
at him not me. The cool thing tho is our number one investigator
decided she wants to be baptized, we've been working really hard on
her (shes pretty much the only one) and she wasnt sure about it at
first but she decided yesterday after church she does so this week we
are baptizing her. Im super excited about it. Thats pretty much all
Ive got from here. Its hard all of the time but its getting better and
more fun. tell the family I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment