Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Adjusting to his new area



Kyle was really stressed last week because he got transferred and he wasn't very happy about it.  Luckily, he is adjusting.  I asked him how far away his new area is from his last area.  I knew that it was in the same state.  Enjoy...
 

Im just on the other side of São Luís. It really isnt that far away, like by car i gonna say like 30 minutes. Bus its super far, but a member drove me here. My new comp is the man. He might be my favorite comp. Hes Brazilian, Elder J. Oliveira. we have the same vision as missionaries and everything. We live with 2 other missionaries. I think its the best living situation ive had on the mission. All of us are working but everybody is really chill and relaxed. We have alot of fun at home its awesome. We have this really cool outdoor shower that if the wind blows the sheet that covers the door and everybody gets a pretty nice view of me getting my shower on. We have a shower indoors but once youve showered outside you never go back. At night you can shower and stargaze all at once. yeah it sucked leaving my last area but ill get over it. My new ward is pretty cool. I dont know the people very well yet but everybody is nice and everything functions.
The bishop is like really motivated. If we need anything he does it so thats pretty cool.

So we have this super cool investigator. hes 18 and hes been researching the church at his house for like a year and finally got the courage to go to church by himself 2 weeks ago. Hes joined LDS chat rooms and like studied. hes the man. we asked him if he wants to serve a mission and he said yeah I just dont know how. So basically all we have to do is baptize him. we have alot of people ready to be baptized that we just need to work with them a little bit. We spent last week just organizing things. The area has alot of potential it was just disorganized a little bit.

Im sending a package home this week. Somebody called the president and complained about lack of receiving packages so now we receive mail 2 times per month. So the package should get here at least a little quicker. School supplies are super overpriced here and pens suck. I dont know why but its like impossible to get good pens here. They all break leak or blow up. Weird stuff that I dont understand.

Well I hope everybody is good. Tell colin and nathan I said hi. I forgot our address so I cant mail letters until im sure but love you guys byeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment